Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Cajas

I was able to go to Cajas National Park a few weeks ago with some friends, which was probably the best day I've had since coming to Cuenca. The park is located about a half an hour outside of Cuenca, in the mountains. While there, I was completely overwhelmed by the beauty and peace of the mountains and I felt a surge of gratitude the entire time we were there. For whatever reason, being in Cajas made it incredibly clear to me that I now live in Ecuador; I am living out a life dream right now.  Really, what more can a person ask for? Unfortunately I forgot my camera, and I only just recently received pictures of the trip from a friend. I've been waiting to post about Cajas mostly because I felt my writing about it might be trivial, but pictures could potentially give a more accurate depiction.


My friend Jenn and I near one of the many mountain lakes.

Me, Jenn, and Nico leaving the lake.
Jenn, me, and Nico having a snack.

The wild llamas and horses of Cajas.

No comments:

Post a Comment